Our 2017 Annual Meeting is Sunday, November 5th 10am-4pm
Held at Lesley University - Porter Campus
1815 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge
Cambridge University Hall
ROOM UNIV 2-048 is located on the 2nd floor
Click link below for a map
Members and Non Members are all welcome to join us for NCCAOM approved PDAs and a networking lunch. Where else can you get live continuing education and lunch for only $25.00? ($50.00 for Non Members and non acupuncturist member levels)
Our morning class is Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control For Healthcare Facilities, taught by Dave Ryan. This class will fulfill the requirements for safety for NCCAOM and 2 PDAs.
We will review the laws and the rights of the employees in regards to bloodborne pathogens, as well as best practices. The class will define medical waste and address the administrative needs to comply with federal guidelines. Define and identify bloodborne pathogens as well as possible methods of occupational exposure; determine the levels of exposure for different employees; describe requirements of a proper written exposure control plan and methods of compliance; how to establish universal precautions in the workplace through PPE and proper housekeeping practices; determine how to handle a possible exposure incident, including proper recordkeeping.
After this class, we’ll break for lunch, networking with colleagues and our meeting when we'll discuss our work over the past year, how we can support our members, and our plans for 2018.
Our afternoon class will cover practice management and social media marketing for the acupuncture practitioner. Marisa Fanelli of Healing Point Therapeutics and Allison Blaisdell of Maverick Square Acupuncture will break down the nuts and bolts of maximizing free and low cost ways of promoting your practice, generating social proof, targeting your ideal patient and more. We will also discuss how to communicate with patients in a way that manages their expectations, increases patient compliance, brings in referrals and generates increased revenue. Ample time will be given for Q&A. 2.5 PDAs have been approved for the afternoon class
Participants will leave with a clear understanding of:
- Identifying their Ideal Patient and how to attract them
- How to use social media in marketing their practice and how to create a social media plan/schedule
- How to follow up with patients in meaningful ways to increase patient retention and maximize referrals
- How to use free / low cost strategies to increase visibility and grow a new practice
- Identifying your ideal patient - how to fill your practice with patients you love
- Managing your brand to attract your ideal patient - How does the world see YOU?
- What is social proof and why is it important? How do you get it?
- Writing copy that will educate the patient and fill your practice
- Social media marketing overview - a survey of various platforms, pros & cons of each and how to use them to your advantage
- Patient follow up strategies - How do we create raving fans and get them to refer?
- Q&A period
- Login to the Site Before You Register (This includes all individuals with existing ASM accounts including Current/Past members, event attendees, email recipients) - If you have interacted with AOMSM/ASM in the past you have an online account, even if you've never logged in. It is important so that current members can see/choose the members-only rate and connect the event to your profile. If you are a past member. event attendee or simply on our email list, please login first as well. Use the email address that we have on file, everything is tied to that. There is a password reset link if you need it.