ASM Membership Benefits
- Visibility for your practice via our “Find a Practitioner” section of the website**
- Discounted rates at our hosted classes and other educational opportunities**
- Membership in the ASA (American Society of Acupuncturists) our national organization providing many ASA benefits including National News (can be seen on the ASM home page), ASA monthly newsletter plus the discounts and programs listed below:
- Professional Liability insurance Discounts: CM&F for Liability Insurance and Huntington Insurance on behalf of Westminster Group
- Group and Individual Insurance Discounts: Insurance Specialists, Inc – Term Life, Disability Insurance, Business Overhead Expense Insurance, Disability Income Insurance, Dental Insurance
- Freshbennies Program: membership program with healthcare and other benefits
- Discounts on prescriptions
- 24/7 access to medical advice
- Access to expert health advisors who help navigate “the system” including medical billing issues
- Help finding prices before you need a medical procedure
- JASA: Unlimited access to The Journal of American Society of Acupuncturists with new issues each quarter and access to back issues – found in the members only area
- Latest News/Updates: Updates are posted on our news blog and sent out in e-Newsletters covering what is going on in the acupuncture profession in Massachusetts plus updates on ASM events, meetings, and more.
- Annual Meeting with in-person updates, fun networking opportunities and discounted CEUs
- Voting rights**
- Networking opportunities for increased business, alliances and support**
- Access to the “Members Only” section of the ASM website**
- Opportunity to serve as an ASA representative, join association committees, or the Board of Directors**
- Online membership account enabling you to update your profile, make payments, register for events, receive newsletters and more
- National listings of classes: sorted by region and date and class type
** Items with this mark are for licensed acupuncturists who are professional members.
The On-Going Work of the ASM Includes
- Protecting the acupuncture scope of practice and maintaining the freedom to practice without medical supervision in Massachusetts
- Professional representation in Massachusetts by a licensed advocate and lobbyist Dan Delaney
- Advocates for our profession to key persons in the Massachusetts government and the public health sphere
- Helps interpret new regulations and legal documents
- Active engagement in the legislative process; we champion and monitor bills related to acupuncture, our advocate assists us in this process.
- Universal Insurance reimbursement for acupuncture in MA
- Dry needling legislation to protect our profession
- Scope of practice regulations
- Communication of the latest developments in the Acupuncture profession
- Education and expansion of public understanding of acupuncture and herbal medicine
- Representation in the ASA (American Society of Acupuncturists). The ASM sends two representatives to attend national meetings and participate in the national conversations.